FIND YOUR CREATIVE SOUL
For me, Art is visual therapy for the soul. During the toughest times in my life, I turned to photography to help me process what was happening and to heal the hurt inside.
It’s all too easy to lose sight of what makes us happy. What fills our heart with joy and to stifle the creative within. I know because that was me. It’s now my passion to help others rekindle the hidden artist and embrace your imagination.
We are all gifted, born with a unique and special talent. Sometimes we get lost on our creative path and lose sight of what brings us joy.
I want to help you reignite your inner light and nurture the creative within. You will have a safe space to spark joy, express your feelings and allow the artist to emerge through photography
- Discovery – We examine where we are in our lives at present, what inspires us and how fulfilled we are
- Self Image – how do we see ourselves, how to feel empowered and learn to shine
- Safe Space – what does safe mean to you? Is it a place, a person or feeling?
- Gratitude – we embrace the concept of gratitude and learn how it impacts on our lives
- Growth – this can be both challenging and beautiful. Change is necessary and inevitable. We explore your personal and photographic development so far
- Release – in order to move forward, we need to let go of things that no longer serve us. We examine the feelings that emerge and celebrate your photographic breakthroughs
THE ART OF WELLBEING
Exploring your creativity is a way to heal, to nourish and to grow
We will draw on the ‘5 Steps to Wellbeing’, to help nourish your creative soul through the medium of photography
* Connect – with our spirit, nature, the people in our lives and explore how we communicate
* Be Active – this course will encourage you to get outdoors, try new activities and build your strength
* Take notice – rather than just see the obvious, we will look for the unique, sometimes unseen images that fire our imagination
* Keep learning – Try new things, techniques and experiment
* Give – What you give out, you get back. What you want in your life, give to others. When you express your creative soul & share with others, just think what joys you will receive
Therapeutic Photography is process of taking, reviewing, and sometimes displaying, your own images for the purpose of personal growth and healing.
Researchers at Lancaster University found that taking a daily photo had a positive impact on wellbeing. It promoted self-care, encouraged interaction and gave time for reflection.
“Taking a moment to be mindful, and looking for something different or unusual in the day were seen as positive well-being benefits of the practice.”
In 2010, significant research was pulled together in The Connection Between Art, Healing, and Public Health: A Review of Current Literature, encompassing a review of over 100 studies.
Some of the benefits that the findings demonstrated include: –
* Better ability to convey their feelings through a creative medium in a meaningful way
* Helped give them perspective and highlight the positive areas of their life
* Provided a distraction and moved their focus away from existing illness that previous consumed their minds
* Afforded the opportunity to explore self-worth and self-image
* Stress levels were lowered
* Long term progress was made in general health and elevated moods
ENHANCE YOUR CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHIC EXPERIENCE
If you feel that you could benefit from additional support or guidance, I also offer one to one mentoring to help take your work to the next level.
Maybe you want advice on developing your creative style or how you can improve your skills, I’m here to help. Perhaps you are at a crossroads about what path to follow or have lost your mojo. My one on one sessions are specifically created to help you enhance your natural skills and ability. We will cover exactly what you want to gain knowledge on and you will receive tailored content that’s totally relevant to you.
I love to work with people of all levels of ability – whether you are an aspiring photographer or someone already in business, I’m here to help.
I can review your current work, offer constructive feedback and provide guidance on how to make your work full of impact and thought-provoking